PADI Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Diver
The AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course teaches divers, snorkelers and nondivers about the vital role of coral reefs in the marine environment. The course also familiarizes participants with the current state of the world’s coral reefs and how they can help.
There are no dives or age limits. Divers and nondivers alike enjoy learning about the aquatic environment.
- An introduction to the Project AWARE Foundation
- Covers the importance of coral reefs to marine ecosystems and coastal areas
- Coral reef biology, association and competition
- The status of the world’s coral reefs
- How participants can help, including responsible diving and snorkeling practices
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
The Fun Part
As a scuba diver, the health of aquatic ecosystems is often what makes a good dive. Become aware of the fragileness of coral reefs and how you can help preserve them.
What You Learn
The AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course teaches you about the vital role of coral reefs in the marine environment. The course also familiarizes you with the current state of the world’s coral reefs and how you can help. You will learn about the Project AWARE Foundation and:
- How coral reefs function
- Why they are so important
- Why many reefs are in serious trouble
- What you can do to prevent further decline